11.05.2007

"Well, you passed."

As of Thursday, November 1st, 2007, at approximately two in the afternoon, I am the newest member of the driver's license club!

He asked what color the car was, and I replied with, "Uhh.." I then looked to my dad for help and he replied with a calm, "Red." The test was good overall with a few minor mistakes and a horrid parallel parking job, but as I drove back to the DMV and parked, he quickly replied with a, "Well, you passed." Relieved I walked into the office and got my picture taken, which was horrible might I add.

I have not even driven alone yet, for I do not know how to drive a stick shift smoothly. I have inherited the Plaidmobile (aka Kevin) and am excited for the day when I can drive myself around without fear of crashing into a stop sign. Apparently, according to my female parental unit, I have a "lead foot." Nonetheless, I still feel a sense of FREEDOM!

Yay me.

4 comments:

Mark P said...

Well Done Brooke! you should give me some pointers.

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Shainerz said...

And NO..i never let Brooke drive my car around the church parking lot with only her permit!!! Because I'm not 21 and that would be illegal....
;)
love you brooke! congrats congrats! Let's go cruising!!

Shainerz said...

P.S. That is exactly how the guy told me I passed, too.

I park the car...
Nervously waiting for him to tell me if I pass or fail...
akward silence...
"well, you passed"

haha:)